Friday, February 3, 2012

Homework and Letter Writing

Of course the semester I decide to take on a letter writing challenge is also the semester my workload doubles. Between freelance writing, work, homework assignments and letter writing it's a wonder I ever breathe. It's also a wonder my hand hasn't frozen around a pen. However, It's day four and so far I have written at least one letter every day. Doing good! Today I even got ambitious enough to pull out my wax seal for a card I'm sending off to my baby sister.

Don't think I'm complaining about my busy life. I love to be busy. I love a full schedule. Every once in awhile it's nice to stop and take a break, but most of the time I enjoy rapid pace. Keeps my mind working which gives me something to write about.

And amongst all of this busy time inspiration hit and I've begun another book. This one is a series of short stories based around one large event in a relatively small town, told through the eyes of different people within the town. I realized my issue with completing a book is that - like most of modern America - I have a relatively short attention span. Once I'm familiar with a narrator I tend to grow bored with them. So this book is through the eyes of a few different narrators and maybe it'll hold my attention better.

Tonight I am off in search of thai food and good stationary paper. We'll see what I come up with.

P.S. If you're not already on my list for letters and you want to be drop me an email kcouchkent@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment