Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mountain Lions, Doctors and Fish

I've spent a lot of time flipping through literary journals in recent weeks as I've been submitting some of my work here and there. Here are a few of my recent favorites.

This sad story from Haunted Waters Press is totally worth the read. Beautiful, tragic and powerful. The Mountain Lion.

This poem from The Bakery Magazine is here because I've basically spent a month in doctor's offices. I am all about a poem with a good ending, and this one has a powerful conclusion.
To The Good Doctor

Beautiful poetry by Simon Perchik. Daily Dose of Lit also has the series called In Place. In Place is literature and poetry read in settings important to the piece of work. Among other things some of my talented professors and classmates can be found there.

And finally, a beautiful commencement speech David Foster Wallace. No words for this, just trust me and watch this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment